PDC Graduates Get Together Celebration Weekend
August 27 @ 8:00 am - August 28 @ 5:00 pm$50
Permaculture Sydney Institute is calling all PDC graduates to a “Get Together” and Celebration Party to celebrate PSI’s 10 years of Permaculture at Bandusia Country Retreat and Pumpkin Farm. And what better way is there to celebrate an anniversary birthday than to have a party! The get together weekend will be held at Bandusia Country Retreat August 14th & 15th where graduates will be able to relax, refresh, regroup, recalibrate, refocus and revitalise all around the theme of Permaculture.
The idea is to all share our stories of our personal journeys and contributions with permaculture since undertaking the PDC Course with PSI trainers and everyone who has undertaken a PDC Course with PSI.
It’s an important weekend that will help you reflect and re-energise what you’ve done and where you will go to with permaculture in the future. It will also be a huge amount of fun with a party, entertainment and friendship. The event promises to engage the heart, mind, body and soul and you won’t leave untouched or unchanged in some way.
9.30 am Regroup and welcome
10am – 11am Tour of Bandusia
11am Morning Tea (sponsored by PSI)
11.30am to 5pm PDC Graduates’ Show and Tell Presentations – Your stories – trials, tribulations and triumphs. What you’ve done or haven’t done since your PDC.
Please note: Presentations will be 20 minutes each. If you would like to give a presentation please book this in so a time slot can be provided to you.
1.30pm Lunch (self-cater)
5pm to 7pm free time
7pm Dinner Party
- Special guest Speakers – Other speakers tbc (keep a check of updates for this page on the website and newsletters)
- Movie “Celebrating Permaculture – 10 years of PSI’s achievements” the process, the outcomes and the learnings. Penny Pyett
Permaculture Pursuit – a game of permaculture Q & A’s with plenty of passion – Geoffrey
8am Breakfast by the pool (self-cater)
Graduates Presentations continue till lunchtime
1pm lunch (sponsored by PSI)
2pm to 3.30 Tour of PSI Farm
3.30 afternoon tea
3.45 to 5pm – Future Making – Where to for the next 40 years?
Open forum discussion, planning and forethought for the next forty years.
5pm Event Closing.
Outcomes of the event
Outcomes of the weekend will be shared with all participants and the broader Permaculture community. PSI will endeavor to pursue requests and work arising from the event and provide back up and support follow up. PSI would like to document some of the outcomes to specifically share with others.
To be eligible for this event you must have completed a PDC with Penny Pyett either through the Permaculture Sydney Institute; Permaculture Sydney North; TAFE PDC Course; a private course; or through School or Community Gardens Courses. Inquiries welcome and bookings are essential. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and state your name and when you completed your PDC with Penny Pyett.
Penny has co-taught with several other trainers on PDC Courses including Janet Millington; Darren Doherty; Geoff Lawton; Peter Brecknock; April Sampson-Kelly, David Holmgren, Phil Ridler, David Spicer, George Gilmour, John Champagne, Aaron Sorenson and Dan Deighton; who are also invited to attend and talk.
Costs and inclusions
The whole event is free of charge for camping around the pool. However you are required to contribute towards the common food costs for two catered meals Saturday evening dinner and Sunday lunch as well as morning and afternoon teas ($50). You are also required to help with the work of the event and cleaning up.
Rooms: Some rooms will also be available. Should you wish to book a room please inquire about this. Bandusia is willing to provide a 20% discount on all its rooms for the event. To see the rooms and Bandusia website see: www.bandusia.com.au
What will be provided
Bandusia Country Retreat is sponsoring the event and providing the venue and camping facilities free of charge. Permaculture Sydney Institute will be providing dinner for Saturday nights party, Sunday lunch and an all day tea/coffee station for morning & afternoon teas
You are asked to bring your own breakfast for Sunday as well as your own lunch for Saturday.
What to Bring –
- Profile of your work, designs, pictures, stories, documentations or anything you want to share of permaculture activities you have done or been involved in. It would be appreciated if you could prepare your 20 minute presentation and be prepared before hand so the event can flow smoothly for everyone and time isn’t wasted. A data projector will be provided in the conference room for you to show your presentation if required. No work is too big or small, too little or too less or more or less. The event is just as much about what’s next as much as what’s done and dusted!
- You need to bring all your own camping gear, sleeping gear and personal items (unless booking a room). Bandusia has excellent camping facilities with fully equipped kitchen, toilets and shower. The camping area is situated around Bandusia’s swimming pool. The pool is available for use along with a sauna and wood-fired spa bath. You couldn’t wish for more picturesque surroundings.
- Bring your own Breakfast for Sunday morning and your own lunch for Saturday. The kitchen at the pool camping site is fully equipped with all cooking facilities and utensils. There is a large fridge & freezer; large stove; BBQ; pizza oven and microwave available for use. Remember this is a no-waste event so please bring things in re-usable containers. Any recyclable items such as bottles and cardboard need to be taken with you as there is no waste service collection at Bandusia. Food composting is provided and encouraged at Bandusia.
- BYO Grog and drinks for the weekend especially Friday and Saturday nights
- BYO personal drinking water if wanted
- Swimming gear, towels, insect repellent
- Camera and note book