It was the year we celebrated 40 years of permaculture (since permaculture one) and in honour of this we ramped up our delivery of Permaculture whilst continuing our usual activities and services. In a nutshell we:
- Delivered extra permaculture courses – a PDC Course and several Intro to Permaculture courses;
- Delivered workshops on fruit trees, beekeeping, Aquaponics, wicking pots, preserving and fermenting.
- Hosted wwoffers providing them with quality on-site permaculture learning
- Participated in community educational forums eg: Weeds forum
- Hosted a PDC graduates celebratory get-together;
- Hosted several Permabees where we installed wicking beds and gardens;
PROMOTION & OUTREACH
- Presented a Permaculture display at the RAS Easter Show
PRODUCTS & FUNDRAISING
- Developed our shop and farm products. We also did an outreach educational and fundraising stall for our local community.
SITE DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT, TOURS & DEMONSTRATION
- Provided guided educational tours to school and other local and international groups.
- Developed our site as a permaculture demonstration and educational centre of excellence. This includes the on-going maintenance of the permaculture system; new construction of elements and systems including testing and trailing new systems; increased food production; improvement of animal systems;
PROMOTION & PUBLICATIONS
- Delivered 12 newsletters to keep followers, friends and members informed of services, events and the sharing of information.
- Provided website other social media services
- Flyers, business cards developed and delivered.
INFORMATION, REFERRAL & SUPPORT SERVICES
- Offered free information, advice and referral point service for permaculture inquiries.
- Provided support services for students and members permaculture projects
SITE DESIGN & CONSULTATION
- Provided on-site inspections and consultations
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT & EMPLOYMENT
- Source, host, promote and employ Permacuture and specialist trainers to provide workshops and courses
- Support local community development projects
- Assist in development of a new local permaculture group
- Support aid and development work abroad
All this work couldn’t be achieved without people so a BIG thank you to all the PSI team that have worked for and supported PSI over 2018 in all the roles you do – teaching, admin, on-site work and graphic design. Looking back at all this it’s no wonder I’m tired so here’s cheers to a calm and peaceful Xmas, a good rest and a productive new year.